Things to Consider with Ducted Air Conditioning Cost and Efficiency
Many people are reluctant to install a ducted air conditioning system because they believe it will be more expensive to buy and to run than another type. Although a ducted system can indeed cost more, any type of air conditioning installation in Melbourne will be a significant investment.
Any additional cost for a ducted system will be more than offset by the benefits it provides. And since summers in Melbourne and surrounding areas mean air conditioning is a must, you really should get the best system you can afford. Anything less is likely to be a false economy.
Features & Benefits of Ducted Air Conditioning
Other types of air conditioning generally require a unit for each room or a number of adjoining rooms. Therefore, unless you have a very small property, such as a studio apartment, a ducted system will almost always be the best option. There are several reasons for this:
- A ducted unit is commonly available as a reverse cycle model whereas other types may not be. This means it can produce cool air in summer and warm air in winter, so you are kept comfortable all year round.
- Only a single unit is required and will deliver cool or warm air to every room in the house if necessary. This contrasts with split systems where a separate unit is provided for each room or group of adjoining rooms. These units are usually on the external walls of these rooms and are not an attractive feature.
- Ducted systems are fast and will cool or warm rooms quickly with relatively little wait time.
- You have full control of the system and so can set different temperatures in various parts of the property. This means that certain rooms, such as guest bedrooms, may be excluded when not in use.
Reducing Running Costs through Total Control
Although the general opinion is that ducted systems are expensive to run, that can be true for any air conditioning in Melbourne if not used properly. The fact you have full control over individual room temperatures and the highly energy-efficient nature of modern systems means that you can significantly reduce running costs without adversely affecting comfort levels.
Other ways to reduce running costs are to:
- install adequate roof and wall insulation plus double glazing so that cooled or heated air is not lost
- choose a high-quality system that has the right level of output for your size of property; too little will make the system work harder than it should do and too much will be an unnecessary expense
- maintain the system regularly and properly so it always works at peak efficiency
- put the air conditioning on when hot weather is forecast so it can cool your property before it heats up too much
- close curtains and blinds to keep out the sun’s rays.
We can supply a wide range of top-quality brands and models to provide the perfect fit for your property and can advise on the most suitable one for you. We can also arrange for regular servicing to keep the system running as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Parts and labour
Christine & Adam
Very friendly staff, have recommended to our friends.
Many thanks for the service, advise Extrordinair that I shall look for more jobs with relatives and friends for them, this was my own personal one.
The split kept us cool and comfortable in summer, a difficult job carried out with great professionalism.
Thank you for accommodating our particular requirements/requests and for being interested in our level of satisfaction.