When to Change Your Air Conditioning Filter: 7 Signs You Shouldn’t Ignore
As summer approaches and temperatures rise, we all rely on air conditioning to stay cool and comfortable. One essential component of any air conditioning system is the air filter, which is responsible for keeping the air we breathe clean and free of allergens and pollutants. It may not be the most glamorous part of your home, but neglecting your air filter can lead to reduced air flow, higher energy bills, and even health problems. Luckily, regular maintenance and replacement of your air conditioning filter can keep your home’s air fresh and cool, making sure you can enjoy your summer to the fullest. So why not give your air filter some much-needed attention today?
The air conditioning filter in your home plays an important role in keeping the space clean and comfortable. The filter works to block dirt, pollen, and other contaminants from entering the air you breathe. When it’s time to change your air conditioner filter, there are some telltale signs that you shouldn’t ignore.
- Air Flow Reduction – If you’ve noticed a decrease in airflow from your vents, it could be time to replace the filter. A clogged, dirty filter will restrict airflow and make it difficult for your system to maintain consistent temperatures.
- High Energy Bills – A dirty filter can cause your air conditioning system to work harder, leading to an increase in energy costs. Replacing the filter on a regular basis will not only reduce your utility bills, but it will also help your AC unit last longer.
- Visible Dirt or Dust – If you’ve noticed dirt or dust accumulating around your vents, it’s likely time to change the filter. Visible dirt and grime mean that the filter is not doing its job of trapping contaminants before they enter the air you breathe.
- Bad Odors – If your AC unit has started producing unpleasant smells, it could be a sign that the filter needs to be changed. Over time, the filter traps pet hair, dust mites, and other allergens that can cause odors. A fresh filter will help to eliminate these smells.
- Allergies – If you’ve noticed an increase in allergy symptoms when your AC is running, it could be a sign that the filter needs changing. The air filter works to trap allergens and prevent them from entering the air you breathe.
- Excessive Noise – A dirty air filter can cause your AC unit to become noisy due to restricted air flow. Replacing the filter will restore quiet operation once again.
- Changes in Humidity Levels – If you’ve noticed an increase or decrease in humidity levels, it could be a sign that your filter needs to be changed. The air filter acts as a barrier against humidity-causing contaminants, so when it’s clogged with debris, the humidity levels can suffer.
Remember, regular filter replacements are key to keeping your AC unit running efficiently and ensuring clean air for your home.
Regularly scheduled filter changes will help you maintain a healthy home and avoid costly repairs or replacements down the road.
If you’re not sure how often to change your filter, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific guidance.
It’s also important to choose the right size and type of filter for your unit; if you need help selecting one, consult with an HVAC technician at Extrordinair.
With regular maintenance, you can ensure that your air conditioning filter is working efficiently and helping to keep the air clean and comfortable in your home.
- Regularly changing your AC filter is key to maintaining a healthy home environment.
- Make sure to choose the right size and type of filter for your unit.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific guidance on filter changing times.
- An HVAC technician can help you if you’re not sure which type of filter to buy.
- Clean filters will reduce energy costs and keep your AC unit running smoothly.
- Visible dirt, bad odors, restricted air flow, excessive noise, and changes in humidity levels are all signs that it’s time to replace your air conditioner filter.
- Taking the time to regularly replace your air conditioner filter will help you ensure clean air and comfortable spaces in your home.
Parts and labour
Christine & Adam
Very friendly staff, have recommended to our friends.
Many thanks for the service, advise Extrordinair that I shall look for more jobs with relatives and friends for them, this was my own personal one.
The split kept us cool and comfortable in summer, a difficult job carried out with great professionalism.
Thank you for accommodating our particular requirements/requests and for being interested in our level of satisfaction.